Monday, August 6, 2007

Smell the roses/coffee. Hear the thundering train.

I take my dog, Coco for two walks every day now since May when I put my other dog to sleep. We take a short walk in the morning and a much longer one in the afternoon/evening. Yesterday we walked near the railroad tracks, and could see the train coming.

I was curious as to how she would react so we walked right up to the crossing gate and waited. A railroad locomotive for shear power is awesome, brute force, we saw some five thousand horsepower go past up in the blink of an eye. Coco made little fuss and stayed right by me. Good dog. Even though the master is a little nuts, the dog stays with him.
Usually we are in a hurry and don't take the time to see things around us; to walk up to that crossing gate and check out the surrounding. Today we did. I won't have missed it for anything. Being a model railroader helps too.

K.

No comments: