Sunday, August 19, 2007

“…an eclectic collection of artists, writers, secretaries & aging soldiers ...."

The other day my youngest son called me eclectic. I said to myself "What the hell does that mean? Does it show? Am I that bad? Is it catching?" And then I looked it up and was pleased with the comment even if he didn't say it in a positive light. Eclectic means assorted, miscellaneous, and diverse.

"Not too bad," I thought. I've always prided myself in being able to do different things like this blog, or work on cars, do electrical wiring, build things out of wood etc. Its' very encouraging to me to work on different projects and not have to call out every tradesmen to fix some problem of mine. My only dilemma is I that tend to start things and take my time in finishing them. I would call that procrastination, which I think is one of the seven deadly sins (of omission).

Others who share this same feature were Benjamin Franklin, George Washington Carver and Thomas Edison. Not a bad group to fall in with—The Eclectic Gang. My only problem is that I'm not famous. Yet.

K.

No comments: